In this article, we will explore some of the most common succulents pests that afflict succulents and provide you with valuable insights on how to eliminate them. Understanding the signs of an infestation and implementing appropriate pest control measures can help you maintain healthy and vibrant succulents.
Top common succulents pests list:
1. Mealybugs -It is one of the most common succulents pests. Small white, cotton-like insects that feed on plant sap and leave a sticky residue on the plant.
2. Spider mites - tiny insects that spin webs and can cause damage to the plant by feeding on the leaves.
3. Scale insects -Another common succulents pests is Scale insects. This is small, round insects that attach themselves to the plant and suck the sap from it, causing yellowing or browning of the leaves.
4. Aphids - small, soft-bodied insects that can be green, brown, or black and suck the sap from the plant.
To get rid of these common succulents pests, you can try the following methods:
- Manual removal - Use a soft brush or cloth to physically remove the insects from the plant.
- Soap and water - Mix a few drops of mild liquid soap with water and spray it on the plant to kill the insects.
- Neem oil - Dilute neem oil in water and spray it on the plant to kill insects.
- Insecticides - Use a commercial insecticide specifically designed for succulents, following the instructions carefully.
- Isolate the plant - If you notice a single plant is infested, you can remove it from other plants and quarantine it until the infestation is gone to prevent the spread of the infestation.
Prevention is always the best approach. So keep your plants healthy and well-maintained from this common succulents pests, avoiding overwatering, providing adequate light and airflow, and keeping the soil dry between watering.